Monday, April 28, 2008

Law Abiding Kids? HA

Do you have kids in your neighborhood that seem very nice, but don't give a damn when you turn your back? Seriously. I've been nice to these kids. But they won't stop walking through my backyard.

A part of my back fence blew away last winter. All summer the neighborhood kids trampled through my backyard to get behind the row of houses/apartments. There are no openings from the front to behind the houses for two blocks. Except now for my yard. But I have a gate that you have to open to get to my backyard.

I've asked the kids not to trespass. I locked the gate. I bought a bungee cable thing and tied up the gate. They untie it. I bought a no trespass sign and nailed it to the gate. I caught a kid untying the cable and opening my gate!

I've just had it. Do parents not raise their kids to obey? Can they not read? I don't even know where these kids live.

I have a wide path of dead lawn now. It's spring, the lawn should be green except for a path of dead grass from the front yard to the back through my backyard.

Now an obvious answer would be to put the fence back up. I liked not having the fence there last summer as I could then see how high the stream was getting behind the house, pick mulberries from the tree behind the fence, the cats could run behind the houses and sleep under the mulberry tree, etc. My daughter used the opening to walk up to her friends house.

That's really how the whole problem started. The crazy neighbors next to us wouldn't let anyone walk on their driveway to get behind the all the houses. No sidewalk and it's an extremely busy street. So my daughter had to walk on the street to go back to her friends house. The last time of that nutcase screaming she was calling the police if she didn't get off her driveway, asking her if she knew the law and what no trespassing meant, and I cut the section in half so she had somewhere to walk and not get harassed.

Now I have a nightmare. These neighborhood kids are a nightmare. This summer when they're out of school and not in daycare will be even worse. I plan to put in a garden, but not if the brats walk all over it. I have to nail up the broken fence and hopefully they can't break through it.

Damn kids.

No comments: